General Terms And Conditions
Steer and Go Driving School 251 Lort House, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE2 1YA and shall be referred to throughout these terms of business as Steer and Go.
Steer and Go engage directly with individual franchised driving instructors, who are self-employed and act in their capacity as franchisees of Steer and Go under the terms of a franchise agreement between Steer and Go and the instructor. The contract for driving tuition is solely between you and your instructor.
Terms and Conditions
In order to have driving lessons you must:
- Be aged 17 or older (16 or over if disabled);
- Hold a driving licence that is valid for the UK (provisional, full or an appropriate foreign licence).
It is your responsibility to provide your instructor with proof that you have a valid licence to drive before the commencement of your first driving lesson. If you fail to provide this proof, your instructor is entitled to refuse to conduct the driving lesson but may still charge you for such driving lesson.
Please note that all of our instructors are self-employed and operate under a franchise to Steer and GO Driving School. The contact for your driving lessons is made solely between you and the instructor (who is self-employed).
- All block booking payments are non-refundable.
- If you have chosen to undertake driving tuition, this agreement is between you and your Steer and Go Driving School franchise instructor.
- The driving school allows 30 minutes waiting time for the instructor, due to unforeseen delays such as traffic, etc.
- In the event of a mechanical breakdown of the vehicle in which you have been learning to drive, or for any other reason, the instructor reserves the right to rearrange a driving lesson to a time convenient to both you and the instructor.
- The driving instructor cannot be held responsible for driving tests postponed or cancelled by the Driving Standards Agency.
- Where payments are made direct to the instructor, Steer and Go Driving School does not accept responsibility whatsoever for any acts, default, or failure on the part of the instructor not to carry out his or her obligations.
- Cancellations should be made directly with the instructor 48 hours prior to the lesson appointment. Any lessons cancelled within this time frame will be charged at your current lesson rate.
- Steer and Go reserve the right to refuse a driving lesson or terminate a driving lesson should the driver be under the influence of alcohol or any other substances that would contravene road safety.
- Steer and Go has a zero-tolerance policy regarding abuse, harassment, or violence whether physical or verbal towards its staff members or the driving instructors and reserves the right to cancel your booking in the event. Any lessons pre-paid at this point will be non-refundable.
- A test can only be booked with the full consent of the driving instructor. Your instructor reserves the right to withdraw their car for tests without notice should the instructor consider that you are not at a satisfactory test standard.
- Steer and Go Driving School cannot be responsible for lessons cancelled due to mechanical breakdown but will endeavour to find a replacement vehicle as soon as possible.
- You will be supplied with your Steer and Go driving school instructor’s telephone contact number for all of your future communications.
- If there is an issue which cannot be solved directly through your instructor, then please contact Steer and Go Driving School and your issue will be handled within 5 working days.
- Your Steer and Go driving instructor will provide you with a dual controlled car in a clean and road-worthy and tidy condition.
- Driving instructors will present themselves in a professional manner and be of smart appearance.
- Steer and Go Driving School has a strict no smoking policy.
- Your Steer and Go driving instructor will text message you when he or she is outside your pickup address. If you do not reply, then the instructor will wait another 15 minutes for you to come out. If you did not come within those 15 minutes, then the lesson will be cancelled at your current lesson rate.
- Steer and Go Driving School accepts no responsibilities for any fees paid directly to your Instructor.
- The pupil must keep the appointment card whilst having lessons with the instructor as proof of payment.
Please contact our customer services team regarding any issue: email@example.com
PAYING FOR LESSONS
PRE-PAYING WITH Steer and Go
Steer and Go operates its website and its contact centre to allow you, the customer, to purchase driving lessons packages with an Steer and Go driving instructor. You can pay for driving lessons in advance via one of the following methods:
- Payment by credit or debit card online at www.steerandgo.co.uk
- Bank Transfer
As part of its booking service, Steer and Go confirms and agrees that the following shall apply to all pre-paid bookings:
- Your funds will be held in a Client Account keeping them separate from the trading assets and liabilities of Steer and Go driving school.
- Your funds held in the Client Account will only be used to pay your instructor on a lesson-by-lesson basis once each lesson has been delivered to you.
- On completion of each driving lesson, your instructor will confirm to Steer and Go that the driving lesson has been delivered. At this point payment will be made to your instructor.
- In the event of a query or dispute please firstly speak with your instructor, if the query cannot be resolved then speak to our contact centre.
PAYING YOUR INSTRUCTOR DIRECTLY
You can also pay for lessons by paying your instructor directly without involving Steer and Go. Your instructor will confirm which payment methods they can accept. If you pay your instructor directly you should obtain a receipt. Steer and Go do not accept any responsibility for any payments you make directly to your instructor.
All payments are non-refundable.
REDEEMING PRE-PAID LESSONS
You and your instructor are responsible for agreeing such matters as the timing, location, and duration of individual driving lessons.
You must notify your instructor of any matters existing at any time that may affect your ability or entitlement to have driving lessons, for example, but not limited to, any lack, or loss, of a valid driving licence.
Your instructor cannot guarantee that they will be available each time you choose to request a driving lesson. It is your responsibility to agree and confirm the timing of lessons with your instructor.
The price per hour for driving lessons may change. Driving lessons purchased prior to such a change will be delivered at the price originally paid.
You must give at least 48 hours’ notice to your instructor if you wish to cancel or re-arrange a booked driving lesson. Failure to do so may result in your instructor charging you the full amount for that driving lesson.
Transferring Prepaid Lessons
You cannot sell or transfer driving lessons which have been purchased in your name to any other person.
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) determines the Theory and Practical test fees. If you would like Steer and Go to book your test on your behalf, Steer and Go will be happy to do so and will charge a non-refundable booking fee. The booking fee will cover any administrative costs that Steer and Go may incur.
If you wish to cancel or rearrange a test that Steer and Go have booked with the Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) on Your behalf, Steer and Go will follow the Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) cancellation procedure as set out on the Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) website at Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency DVSA. Currently the Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency –(DVSA) cancellation procedure states that you can cancel or rearrange your test providing you give at least three clear working days’ notice. If you require Steer and Go to arrange a cancellation or rearrange any driving or theory test on your behalf, Steer and Go will require a minimum of 5 working days’ notice in order to do so. If you fail to provide Steer and Go with a minimum of 5 working days’ notice you may remain liable for all or some of the test fee and any late cancellation fees. In any event, Steer and Go accept no liability to you for any payments or expenses that you may incur in relation to your driving and/or theory tests. If you ask Steer and Go to cancel your test for you, Steer and Go will continue to hold your booking fee for a period of 6 months from when you originally paid your booking fee. Please note booking fees are non-refundable.
If you think Steer and Go have made an error in booking your test, please contact Steer and Go by email firstname.lastname@example.org In the event Steer and Go agree that Steer and Go have made an error in the booking, Steer and Go shall rebook another test on your behalf at no additional cost to you. No monetary compensation will be paid for any lessons taken prior to the original test or leading up to the new test. Steer and Go cannot be held accountable if with the Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) change or cancel your test due to their availability.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the appropriate driving licence and any other relevant documents (Theory Test Certificate Number, Passport if applicable) and that you take them with you to your driving test. Neither Steer and Go and/or your driving instructor accept any liability in you forgetting the documents needed to be presented for test and subsequently you being refused to sit your driving test.
If you are not ready for your driving test, then your driving instructor holds the right to refuse the use of the vehicle in attempting the practical test.
Booking a Driving Test With Steer and Go
Our practical test booking costs £70.00, this is £62.00 for the DVSA test fee and a £8.00 administration fee. Once your test is booked confirmation will be sent to you via email. At this point you will waive your rights to the 14 days cancellation period as the service has begun. If you wish to cancel your driving test, Steer and Go will require a minimum of 5 working days’ notice to do so. A refund will be issued for £62.00.
If you fail to provide Steer and Go with a minimum of 5 working days’ notice you will lose you test fee (£62.00) and will not be entitled to any refund.
Booking a Theory Test With Steer and Go
Our theory test booking costs £30.00.This is £23.00 for the DVSA test fee and a £7.00 administration fee. Once your test is booked confirmation will be sent to you via email. At this point you will waive your rights to the 14 days cancellation period as the service has begun. If you wish to cancel your theory test, Steer and Go will require a minimum of 5 working days’ notice to do so. A refund will be issued for £23.00.
If you fail to provide Steer and Go with a minimum of 5 working days’ notice you will lose you test fee (£23.00) and will not be entitled to any refund.
Terms and Conditions
Use of the Steer and Go Website
Your use of our website is subject to these terms, and by using our website you demonstrate your agreement to such terms. If you do not agree to these terms, please do not use the website. You may copy or print pages from this site solely for personal, non-commercial purposes. You may not otherwise use, modify, copy, print, display, reproduce, distribute, or publish any information from this site without the express permission of Steer and Go. At any time, Steer and Go may, without notice, make changes to this site or to the services or products described in this site.
Information on this website may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Information may be changed or updated without notice. Steer and Go may also make improvements and/or changes in the products described in this information at any time without notice.
Changes To Terms And Records Of Agreements
Steer and Go reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes on the website. It is your responsibility to review the website terms and conditions regularly to ensure that you are aware of the latest terms and conditions. Your use of this website after a change has been posted will be deemed to signify your acceptance of the modified terms and conditions.
Steer and Go recommend that you print off and retain for your records a copy of these terms and conditions from time to time, and a copy of any terms and conditions relating to any product or service which you apply for on-line, together with any related application form completed and submitted.
Use of Your Image
Steer and Go Driving School reserve the right to use photographs taken in conjunction with first driving lessons, driving test passes or photographs taken during promotional events for promotional purposes. In agreeing to the taking of your photograph you give your consent for Steer and Go to use these images
For any customer service enquiries, please email email@example.com
If You have any concerns or complaints about any part of Your driving tuition which cannot be resolved with Your Instructor, please Email Steer and Go at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Steer and Go, 251 Lort House, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE2 1YA and address your email or letter to the manager.
Steer and Go aim to resolve complaints within 5 working days. in some instances, Steer and Go may ask for the complaint to be sent in writing. Any requests sent in writing Steer and Go will try to resolve within 10 working days.
Please note: Steer and Go may record telephone calls for staff training and evidential purposes.